Thursday 18 June 2015

Lisa Fox- the Kiss Questionnaire!

Today I'm joined by author Lisa Fox who's kindly agreed to answer some of my questions.  As her new novella A Kiss in the Dark releases today, the questions are all kiss related!



A huge welcome to you, Lisa! Your HarperImpulse novellas all have a 'kiss' theme- what inspired you to use this idea?
It actually all started with One Kiss, my first book with Harper Impulse. That story takes place on New Year’s Eve, and we all know how important that midnight kiss is! I thought it would be really fun to base a series around having all the characters share their first kiss at midnight and then having that kiss be the significant turning point in their relationships. Of course, all the stories couldn’t all take place on New Year’s Eve, so I’ve had to come up with interesting ways and means for their kisses to occur at midnight. It’s been a lot of fun!

Tell us a little bit about your newest release, A Kiss in the Dark.
It features Ryan Granger, an amateur boxer and web designer, and Grace Betancourt, a cozy mystery writer. They meet when Grace hires Ryan to create her a new website. He’s bad boy, and she is a nice girl, and they are instantly attracted to one another. I think they have a lot of really good and very sweet chemistry, and I loved writing about them.                                               

Do you remember your first kiss?
Of course! Doesn’t everyone? It was at my junior high’s spring dance, in a darkened corner of the very romantic cray paper filled gymnasium. He was a boy I had known since the fifth grade, and I wish I could say it was love, but it was really more like an exploratory mission—for science! Lol! Still, it was nice, and it will always be a wonderful memory.

What's our favourite kiss in literary/film history?
My favorite kiss isn’t even a proper kiss. It’s the almost-kiss of Mulder and Scully in the first X-Files movie. God, I loved them so much! The X-Files was my very first real fangirling experience. When they almost kissed, I almost died!

What's your favourite song with the word 'kiss' in the title?
I’m not all that into ‘romantic’ music, so I’d have to go with Kiss Me Deadly by Lita Ford. Lol!

And finally, kisses or cuddles?
I’m not overly fond of the word ‘or.’ I much prefer AND.
 
Thank you so much for having me over, Kate!

Many thanks to Lisa Fox for joining me. A Kiss in the Dark is available to buy in ebook format right now, published by HarperImpulse.

My review of A Kiss in the Dark will be published here on Books with Bunny next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment