Wednesday 1 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday- All of the Above- James Dawson

 
 
Today's Waiting on Wednesday is All of the Above by James Dawson.  Now I LOVE James Dawson.  I read This Book is Gay last year and it was so brilliantly open and accessible that it made me check out James Dawson on twitter.  And now I'm addicted, because as well as being a talented YA writer, he's witty and smart (not to mention having an incredibly hot profile pic).  I actually described him as my literary crush when I was talking about him the other day.  And previously there was only Edward Rochester who could seriously take that title (yes, I'm aware Rochester is fictional).
 
So I admit, I'm a fangirl for James Dawson, but what's not to love?  He's a huge champion of YA literature, standing up staunchly for LGBT* rights and he's writes brave and different books. 
 
All of the Above sounds right up my street and I can't wait for it's release on September 3rd (published by the ever wonderful Hot Key Books)!
 

James' twitter profile pic

The Blurb

This is a funny and moving love story about friends, first loves and self-discovery by Queen of Teen 2014.

When sixteen-year-old Toria Bland arrives at her new school she needs to work out who her friends are in a crazy whirl of worry, exam pressure and anxiety over fitting in. Things start looking up when Toria meets the funny and foul-mouthed Polly, who's the coolest girl that Toria has ever seen. Polly and the rest of the 'alternative' kids take Toria under their wing. And that's when she meets the irresistible Nico Mancini, lead singer of a local band - and it's instalove at first sight! Toria likes Nico, Nico likes Toria, but then there's Polly...love and friendship have a funny way of going round in circles.





No comments:

Post a Comment