Friday 7 August 2015

One Kiss- Lisa Fox



The Blurb

Sometimes one kiss can change everything.

New Year's Eve is supposed to be a night for celebration and new beginnings. For best friends Kat and Dean, it is a nightmare filled with disastrous dates and enraged ex-girlfriends!

Lucky for them, they've got each other to help laugh off the embarrassing, and downright inappropriate, moments. But then midnight rolls around and neither of them have anyone to kiss…

There's no doubt this is a night they will always remember.

The real question is whether it will be a night they want to forget…

The Review

I'm loving novellas at the moment.  I'm not sure if it's because my son's off school for the summer and we're out and about on trips/visiting friends etc and it's hard to find time to read for extended periods, but they're definitely suiting my lifestyle.  I've always preferred to lose myself completely in a book and read it in as few sittings as possible, so when time is limited these shorter reads still hit the spot.

One Kiss is the classic story of two friends taking the step towards coupledom.  Kat, the sassy heroine, is reluctant to get involved- she doesn't want to get hurt again so romance is the last thing on her mind- and Dean is fresh out of a relationship with a glamorous French model.  It probably isn't a good idea, but as New Year's Eve becomes New Years Day Kat and Dean don't want to be the only people on the planet with no one to kiss, their friendship takes a turn into something more serious. 

I tend to like stories of friendship blossoming into something more- it's cute when a couple have history!  Plus Dean was such a sweet character- if he was my friend, I wouldn't be standing by letting other women get with him!  Both his actions and words had my heart skipping a beat.

However, as well as being a sweet romantic will they/won't they, there were some hot scenes in there!  I remember liking the balance between sweet and sexy in Lisa Fox's A Kiss in the Dark and this was in a very similar vein- although if anything, I enjoyed this one more.

One Kiss had me hooked- a perfect way to spend a couple of hours.  This sharp, pacey novella was a joy to read.  

One Kiss is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

With thanks to the publisher who provided me with a copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.

I read this book as part of the #HIReadathon- follow the hashtag to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment