Saturday 12 December 2015

Santa Maybe - Scarlett Bailey


The Blurb

Amy Tucker is single. So single in fact she hasn’t had a man in her room for three years and her idea of a good time is buying new kitchenware at Ikea. So when she wakes up on Christmas Eve to find a strange man at the end of her bed, she is more than surprised.

Least of all, when the beautiful man claims to be Santa and has sexy stubble to rival George Clooney.

Santa whisks Amy on an exciting and unforgettable journey around the world through time and space. But can he really make Amy's Christmas dreams come true?

The Review

This novella's been sat unread on my kindle for a long time.  That's not because I didn't want to read it, because I did.  But I just can't get my head around reading overtly Christmassy fiction outside of the festive season, and as there are so many new seasonal releases each year I seem to end up with a backlog each year. 

I'm really glad I decided to read this one.  Scarlett Bailey (alterego for Rowan Coleman) writes with a verve and energy that make me desperate to turn the pages at breakneck speed.  Santa Maybe was no exception.  With elements of Dickens' A Christmas Carol, this is a fun read about life, love and family. 

When Amy finds Santa in her bedroom, she doesn't know what's going on.  Is she dreaming?  Hallucinating?  Or could the man in red really be the love of her life?  She's taken on a magical journey through time and space, visiting faraway lands and mixing with Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra, and as Christmas draws nearer she's faced with the ultimate choice - family or true love?

There were times I had to suspend my disbelief as this is essentially a festive fairytale for adults, but that's the beauty of fiction - anything can happen!  And in Santa Maybe it probably does...

A read to whisk you away from the Christmas mayhem to a place where anything can happen.

Santa Maybe is out now, published by Ebury Digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment